“Would you pay $1,000 - $3,000 extra to make a couple visits per year?”
HEARING SAVERS provides fantastic pricing to a national audience who need our help. We are an efficient, streamlined business, without the significant overheads incurred by many hearing companies in Australia, so we pass the savings directly to you.
Your local hearing clinic, which is limited by its territory, sets prices high knowing they will only fit 4-10 hearing aids per month. HEARING SAVERS's efficient model of fitting hundreds of hearing aids nationally literally helps people like you save thousands!
We only offer the latest technology at HEARING SAVERS. Compared to older hearing technology, modern hearing aids need minimal service and adjustments. Years ago, the hearing aid user commonly visited a clinic for service 10-20 times per year. Today, visits may only be 1-4 times per year. “Would you pay $1,000 - $3,000 extra to make a couple visits to your Audiologist per year?” We didn't think so.
The strike-through price on hearing aids, batteries and accessories represents the typical market price charged by many, but not all, competitor hearing retailers and clinics. Most of the time, these prices are not displayed or published by competitors, so we gather market intelligence from our clients and suppliers. We have many clients choosing HEARING SAVERS because they are no longer willing to put up with high prices.
The strike-through price does not represent the price that we sold the item for at an earlier date. That is, the item is not on sale at HEARING SAVERS for a limited time, unless otherwise indicated.
Absolutely! We offer only genuine, top-class hearing products sourced from reputable, global manufacturers. All hearing aids are purchased locally in Australia, which means you're covered by local support and local warranty - no need to send your hearing aids overseas.
As we already offer fantastic prices across our entire range of hearing aid batteries, domes, cleaning products and consumables, we cannot offer discounts for larger quantities, except:
- Power One hearing aid batteries – enjoy a 5% discounts when you order 20 or more; and
- HEARING SAVERS hearing aid batteries – enjoy 3 FREE packets when you order 20 or packets.
Hearing aids vary in price based on quality and features. We offer transparent pricing with the Price Beat Guarantee, so you can shop with confidence knowing that you're never paying too much at HEARING SAVERS. Browse our range of hearing aids online here.
You may be eligible for a rebate for your hearing aids, Audiology consultations, repairs, batteries and accessories from:
- Hearing Services Program – FREE hearing aids for Pensioners & Veterans (conditions apply)
- Private health insurance – please check with your fund
- NDIS Hearing Support Funding
Medicare rebates are available for clients referred to HEARING SAVERS for a Hearing Assessment by an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Specialist or a Neurologist.
If you hold a Seniors Card, we are delighted to offer you a Seniors discount on the latest hearing aids. Contact us for your personalised quote.
As we already offer the lowest prices in Australia, along with free shipping, the Seniors Card discounts exclude hearing batteries, accessories and consumables.
In May 2021, HICAPS introduced the convenience of on-the-spot claiming with participating funds for accredited Audiologists. HICAPS claiming is available in our Bentleigh hearing clinics and is currently being rolled out across our network of hearing clinics.
Current participating health insurance funds are:
- Australian Unity
- CBHS Health
- CBHS Corporate
- Doctors Health Fund
- Frank Health Insurance
- Healthcare Insurance
For more details please see www.hicaps.com.au/audiology.
The ATO changed the rules relating to the Medical Expense Tax Offset from 1 July 2019. Please see ATO website
HEARING SAVERS is accredited by the Commonwealth Government to provide to Pensioners & Veterans:
- FREE hearing aids and alternate listening devices, such as TV headsets
- FREE hearing services, including hearing tests, hearing aid programming
- FREE hearing aid batteries, hearing aid servicing, maintenance and repairs
Please note that conditions apply under the Commonwealth Hearing Services Program.
You are eligible for the Program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are:
- a Pensioner Concession Card holder
- the holder of a DVA Gold Card
- the holder of a DVA White Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- a member of the Australian Defence Force
You can now apply for the Australian Government Hearing Services Program online at www.hearingservices.gov.au.
If you are new to the Program, you will need a medical certificate from your local doctor, which can be downloaded here
Contact us on freecall 1800 00 4327 and we'd be delighted to assist you with your application.
- The NDIS funds hearing supports for NDIS participants aged 26 and over who are not eligible for the HSP.
- The Government's Hearing Services Program (HSP) funds hearing services for Australian citizens and permanent residents who satisfy its eligibility criteria (under 26 or hold a Pension or DVA card).
- The NDIS also funds additional reasonable and necessary hearing supports for participants if they are not available through the HSP. This includes people under 26.
You can access the NDIS and HSP at the same time but you can't get the same supports from both programs at the same time.
Yes, we offer choice of two interest-free payment plans so you can enjoy the benefits of better hearing today:
- EZYPAY direct debit
- Humm buy now pay later
No interest ever.
The two payment plans help you spread the cost of your new hearing aids. They are not finance, and therefore there is no interest charged.
EZYPAY is a a direct debit payment plan for Australian residents who purchase hearing aids from HEARING SAVERS. There are no approvals and no interest as it is not finance. Please see www.ezypay.com for more detail.
To purchase hearing aids under the EZYPAY payment plan you need to enter the EZYPAY direct debit agreement and:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, 18 years or older;
- Provide photo identification and proof of payment method; and
- Pay 40% deposit at or before your fitting appointment.
The 60% balance is paid in equal monthly payments from the date of your initial fitting.
You can pay the balance via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) or direct from your Australian bank account.
EZYPAY charges you minimal fees, currently at:
- 1.59% + 0.39c per transaction for payments from your bank account, Visa or MasterCard
- 3.6% + 0.44c per transaction for payments using American Express
- There is also a failed payment fee of $16.39 per failed transaction
We have partnered with Humm to offer our clients a simple, interest-free and convenient way to purchase hearing aids today and pay for them over time. This means hearing technology starts from the cost of a daily cup of coffee.
Humm is a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) payment plan for higher value purchases, such as hearing aids. There is no interest and you can use the Humm app to keep on track of your payments.
To purchase hearing aids via Humm, you need to complete the Humm application (which we will do for you online) and:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be at 18 years or older;
- Have a valid debit card, in your own name;
- Have never declared bankruptcy or insolvency; and
- Pay only 10% deposit before your fitting appointment.
The 90% balance is paid in fortnightly instalments over:
- 18 months for hearing aids valued up to $6,000 in total; and
- 24 months for hearing aids valued over $6,000.
Humm is a responsible provider of credit which means Humm will need to assess and approve your application. Please see www.shophumm.com/au/faqs for more detail.
With Humm, you can enjoy the benefits of better hearing today with only a small deposit and no interest ever.
Hearing aids purchased using Humm at HEARING SAVERS need:
- a minimum value of $2,000 or more in total – you can include accessories and consumables along with hearing aids in your purchase;
- a 10% deposit paid to HEARING SAVERS at or before your fitting appointment;
- repayments made via your Australian bank account – credit cards are not accepted;
- Humm approval; and
- to be priced at our retail prices published online – discounts and our Price Beat Guarantee do not apply to hearing aids purchased via Humm (excepting Private Health Insurance rebates and the Hearing Services Program rebates for Veterans and Pensioners).
Humm does not charge any interest. Humm charges you minimal fees, currently at:
- $52 establishment fee (increased from $40 on 11 February 2022)
- $8 monthly fee
- $6 late payment fee
Please contact us on 1800 00 4327 with any questions regarding our payment plans.
At HEARING SAVERS we pride ourselves on offering all our clients the Price Beat Guarantee. Our Price Beat Guarantee means that if you find a lower priced identical stocked item with a competitor (even if it's on sale), we will not only match it, we'll beat it by 5%.
That means you can shop with confidence knowing that when you buy from HEARING SAVERS, you are receiving the best price on ALL leading hearing technology.
Click here for details and exclusions.
Enjoy comprehensive audiological care, professional fitting, 30-day satisfaction guarantee, extended product warranties, rebates, and on-going support when you purchase hearing aids from HEARING SAVERS.
|Included with your new HEARING AIDS||FREE|
|Comprehensive hearing test|
|Professional hearing aid fitting & programming, tailored to your specific hearing needs|
|Review appointment to fine-tune your new hearing aids|
|1-year free hearing aid adjustments & service at your local clinic|
|On-going in-house hearing aid cleaning, minor servicing and maintenance|
|1-year supply of fresh, premium hearing aid batteries; Discounted charger for rechargeable models|
|Extended 4-year manufacturer warranty for most Oticon, Signia, Widex, Starkey & Phonak hearing aids; Minimum 3-year warranty all other models.|
|1-year manufacturer cover for accidental loss & damage (conditions apply)|
|Custom ear moulds (if required)|
|Choice of hearing aid colours|
|Absolutely NO hidden costs and NO extra costs|
|30-day hearing aid trial, with money-back satisfaction guarantee|
|Pensioners & Veterans Government rebates (Hearing Services Program conditions apply)|
|Private Health Insurance rebates|
|Price Beat Guarantee|
|Join thousands of delighted customers across Australia — see our 5-Star Reviews|
You can rest assured that we will look after your hearing needs and your new hearing aids after fitting with:
- 1-year supply of batteries – at your fitting appointment, your practitioner will supply you with 1-year of fresh high-quality disposable hearing aid batteries.
- 12-months of service appointments – all hearing aids purchased from HEARING SAVERS carry 12-months of service and care as required from the date of first fitting at the clinic which fitted your hearing aids. See below for detail
- Up to 4-year extended manufacturer product warranty – your new hearing aids include a minimum 3-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects; Given our strong relationship with key suppliers, we are pleased to offer 4-year manufacturer warranty for Phonak, Oticon, Starkey and Signia hearing aids.
Please contact your practitioner should you believe your hearing aids to be faulty, and they will arrange for an inspection and repair as required.
- 12-month manufacturer warranty for loss and damage – should you accidentally lose or damage your hearing aids within the first 12-months of fitting, your hearing aids can be replaced with brand new hearing aids. Please note that conditions and excess may apply.
Your new hearing aids include in-clinic service, warranty repairs and appointments with your hearing specialist for 12-months from the date of your initial fitting. This 12-month after-care service is provided by the hearing clinic which fitted your hearing aids. There is no cost for this service or these appointments.
Should you choose to attend an alternate hearing provider (i.e. a hearing provider which did not fit the hearing aids which you purchased from HEARING SAVERS), you are likely to incur a fee for this service.
We strongly recommend remaining with the clinic which fitted your hearing aids, to both maximise the value of your after-care package and not incur unnecessary expense charged by the alternate provider. Please note, we have no control over the non-fitting service fees charged by alternate hearing providers, whether the hearing provider is within or outside our network.
All hearing aids offered by HEARING SAVERS include a minimum 3-year warranty (certain models include a 4-year extended warranty) from the manufacturer against defects. In addition, all hearing aids include a warranty from the manufacturer for accidental loss and damage within 12 months from initial fitting.
Yes, most hearing aid manufacturer defect warranty can often be extended for a small fee at the time of purchase.
All hearing aids offered by HEARING SAVERS include a complimentary warranty from the manufacturer for accidental loss and damage.
The manufacturer will replace the same hearing aid once. The warranty:
- is valid for 1-year from date of first fitting;
- is available only to people residing in Australia;
- requires an excess payable (varies by hearing aid model); and
- requires a Statutory Declaration.
Exclusions under this warranty:
- Hearing aids lost or damaged outside Australia
- Hearing aids covered by another insurance policy (e.g. travel, home contents)
- Damage arising from improper handling or care
- Replacement hearing aids under this warranty
Once this warranty has expired, we recommend insuring your hearing aids through your home and contents insurance policy.
Minimum 1-year product warranty for remote controls, recharging devices, wireless accessories and electronic cleaning kits. Certain accessories include a longer manufacturer warranty (up to 3 years), specified on the product details page.
We want to ensure that you are happy with your investment in hearing aids, and therefore include a 30-day trial with all new hearing aid purchases.
During the trial period, you will get to take your new hearing aids home, wear them when you go to restaurants and the cinemas, and enjoy them at family dinners or simply watching TV.
If you are not entirely happy with your new hearing aids, you have the option to exchange them for an alternate model, at no additional cost, or return them for a refund less a small handling fee, within 30-days from your first fitting appointment with us. Please note that your hearing aids need to be returned in full working order, along with all accessories, consumables and packaging. If you're unsure, please give us a call on 1800 00 4327.
Of course – your consumer rights are not affected by the trial period, manufacturer defect warranty or manufacturer loss & damage warranty.
All hearing aids supplied by HEARING SAVERS include professional fitting in our clinics or via Tele-Audiology in the comfort of your home.
Our hearing professionals are all very experienced with many thousands of delighted clients.
Arrange your fitting appointment at any of our 90 hearing aid clinics across Australia or contact us to find out more about Tele-Audiology.
We are fully independent and offer all major hearing care brands at heavily discounted prices, including Oticon, Phonak, Siemens Signia, Unitron, Starkey, Widex, Bernafon, Power One, ZeniPower, Rayovac, Bernafon and GN ReSound.
Yes, please let us know the exact model, brand, price and quantity, and we will try to source the item for you from our suppliers... and of course, with our Price Beat Guarantee.
HEARING SAVERS is fully independent, thereby offering you world leading hearing technology from all major suppliers. We offer all styles of hearing aids...
- Receiver-in-Canal (RIC)
- Behind-the-Ear (BTE)
- In-the-Ear (ITE)
- In-the-Canal (ITC)
- Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC)
- Invisible-in-the-Canal (IIC)
And all power options...
... across all brands, such as Oticon, Signia, GN ReSound, Starkey, Phonak, Widex and Unitron to name a few.
No. Hearing aids, batteries and most related accessories are GST-FREE as they are considered medical aids and appliances under Schedule 3 to the GST Act. More information is available here: https://www.ato.gov.au/non-profit/np/gst-and-medical-aids-and-appliances/
As hearing aid battery technology advances, the focus is on mercury free batteries. More and more countries are now legally required to use mercury free batteries, and the number is growing yearly. Mercury Free technology is the only battery fulfilling the new IEC Standard defined for streaming hearing aids.
Traditional zinc air batteries contain mercury, about 1% by cell weight. The mercury is mixed with the zinc powder used in the cell. Because mercury is a metal, it is a good electrical conductor and its properties help suppress internal gassing in the cell. This gassing can lead to leakage or swelling of the battery.
Mercury is a heavy and toxic metal. It is harmful to the environment. If mercury containing used batteries are thrown away, they start to decay in the landfills. Over time, the batteries will start gassing and the mercury inside has the potential to leak out. This mercury can seep into the ground, contaminating drinking water, and into streams. When wildlife eat or drink from these streams they will be exposed to this mercury which could result in death or contamination
The running time, reliability and overall performance of Mercury Free and Standard batteries is equal when used within the same category of hearing aids. Mercury Free batteries are also more environmentally friendly because there is no mercury added to the cell. In addition, the Mercury Free cells have been developed for new wireless hearing aid functionality.
Note: Be aware that for hearing instruments with wireless functions, battery life in general is shorter than it would be with a non‐wireless hearing instrument. This is independent of battery composition (Mercury Free or Standard Zinc Air).
All major hearing aid battery manufacturers have switched to mercury free models.
See our range of mercury free hearing aid batteries online
You can shop securely online using:
- American Express
We process thousands of orders and payments each month, utilising the secure international payment gateways of Stripe, Paypal and AfterPay.
We do not store your credit cards details or payment details.
No, but you are welcome to use your PayPal account if you have one.
PayPal Pay in 4 allows you to pay for your purchase in 4 interest-free instalments. Your first instalment is due at the time you make your purchase. The next 3 instalments are due every 2 weeks after your first instalment. Repayments are made automatically from your PayPal account using the payment method you select.
See terms and conditions at www.paypal.com/au/paypal-payin4.
It's really simple:
- Checkout with PayPal
- Choose 'PayPal Pay in 4' and complete your purchase
- Make the first payment at the time of purchase and pay the rest in 3 payments - one every two weeks
Afterpay allows you to pay for your purchase over 4 interest-free equal instalments due every 2 weeks. The maximum purchase value is $1000.
All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval and you will need an AfterPay account. Please see Afterpay's terms of service for details.
Yes, you can pay by:
- credit card over the phone
- credit card, debit card or cash at our Melbourne clinics
- completing a manual order form
Please contact us on 1800 00 4327 for assistance.
No, we offer FREE postage for all orders, regardless of value.
|Shipping Option||Typical Delivery||Price|
|Regular Australia Post||3 - 9 business days||FREE|
|Express Post||Next business day when placed before 12pm (AEST) *||$6.95|
|Next business day when placed before 12pm (AEST) *||$12.95|
|In Store Pickup
(Bentleigh, Essendon & Malvern clinics only)
|Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm||FREE|
* Please note that some items are custom ordered and typically shipped within 2-3 business days. These items will arrive next business day after shipping date.
Items posted via regular Australia Post are typically received within 3 to 9 days after shipping date, depending on your location.
Items shipped via Express Post and Courier will arrive next business day after shipping date.
Australia Post Changes from 4 January 2016: Regular post will be delivered up 2 business days longer, and will vary based on destination.
Yes, we can arrange next business day delivery via Express Post or Courier (which requires a signature upon delivery) when you place your order before 12pm on a business day.
- We post to any address in Australia.
- We now also ship to New Zealand.
- We are, however, unable to post to all other international destinations.
Select Express Post, Courier or simply spend $50 or more in a single transaction, and we'll include a tracking number with your order.
All other orders will be sent via regular Australia Post which does not include a tracking reference.
Yes, please click here to see our range of hearing aids available to purchase online. If you can't find the model you're after, give us a call on 1800 00 4327 and we'll source it for you, at the lowest possible price, of course.
All hearing aids supplied by HEARING SAVERS include professional fitting in our clinics or via Tele-Audiology in the comfort of your home.
Your hearing aids will be tailored to your specific hearing loss and your individual listening needs. Hearing aids are medical devices which need to be customised for you by a qualified and experienced hearing practitioner; hearing aids are not simply an off-the-shelf product. We also want to ensure you're getting the best possible outcome, in terms of comfort, sound quality and usability, when you buy hearing aids from HEARING SAVERS.
We can offer remote care in the comfort and safety of your home via Tele-Audiology:
- new and replacement hearing aid fittings
- fine-tuning and program adjustments
- general trouble-shooting and hearing aid care
Yes, our Bentleigh, Malvern & Essendon hearing clinics are open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
In addition, our Bentleigh and Malvern clinics are open Saturdays 9.30am - 1pm.
494 Centre Rd
Bentleigh VIC 3204
☎ 03 9557 6412
134 Glenferrie Rd
Malvern VIC 3144
☎ 03 9509 0164
1055 Mt Alexander Rd
Essendon VIC 3040
☎ 03 8330 5518
Yes, if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you can return the item within 30-days of purchase for a full refund or replacement. We will pay your return postage if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).
If an item was ordered incorrectly, for example the wrong size batteries or domes, we will gladly replace the item for the correct model as long as the package remains undamaged and unopened. In this case, you will need to cover the cost of return postage
|Shipping Option||Estimated Delivery to NZ||Price|
|Approximately 10 days||$9.95|
|Varies by location. Your parcel leaves Australia next business day.||$14.95|
Please note: Signature on delivery is not available for deliveries to New Zealand.
HEARING SAVERS offers a convenient selection hearing clinic locations across Australia. We provide local service, professional care and all your on-going support with our national network of professional and independent hearing clinics across Australia.
Our head office is located in Bentleigh, a leafy suburb in south-eastern Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
Contact us ...
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completer your details on our website's contact form
- Talk to us via live chat (at the bottom right of your screen)
- Pop into our Melbourne hearing clinics
- Give us a call 03 9557 6412